I’m not affiliated with Pluralsight in any way - I just love their products.
What I loved about it?
If You are serious about building an exceptional career in software development i strongly recommend You this course Becoming an Outlier by Cory House.
In this course Cory gives advices how to become an outlier (which is a professional, who is not interested in being average) by:
- Commanding Your Time
- Having Right Habits
- Creating Opportunities
- Hacking Your Image. Which is how You represent Your skills.
- Owning Your Trajectory. Which basically means beeing proactive in Yor career.
It turned out that I've been doing outlier activities for a long time. The course summarized my knowledged and showed me some things, which I still have to improve and give them additional love.
The idea of being an outlier resonates with me and I went ahead and signed Outlier Manifesto immediately.
The manifesto is simple yet powerful:
- I’m not interested in being average. I’m out to be exceptional.
- I’m not waiting to be picked. I’m actively creating opportunities.
- I’m commanding my time so I can own my trajectory and maximize my impact